Why use a skin care system?
Because you can do more as a team than you can as an individual.
With the massive abundance of products available today, finding the ideal combination for bringing your unique skin the best possible results is like searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack. Product-hunting and testing by trial and error gets old fast. It can also take up an oversized bite out of your skin care budget.
With a skin care system, you save yourself the trouble of tracking down just the right product for each step of your routine. All you have to figure out (with the help of a skin care professional) is your skin type and concerns, and then you’ve got a pre- packaged routine all ready to go.
No more seeking, sourcing and trying out dozens of individual products. No more wondering if the products you combine are interacting well with each other. In a good skin care system, the products are specifically formulated to work together, and to optimize the efficacy of each.
Finding a system is as easy as identifying your concerns.
Selecting the right system for you within a range like Obagi’s is simply a matter of identifying the problems you want to target. Your skin care professional can assess your skin and help you determine which system is right for your skin type and concerns.
For aging skin and discoloration
Using the Obagi Nu-Derm® system is like bringing a team of specialists together to treat signs of skin aging such as dark spots and melasma (a type of hyperpigmentation) and rough skin. Available in two formulations, one for normal to dry skin, and one for normal to oily, each range of seven products works synergistically, in ordered steps.
– Gentle Cleanser or Foaming Gel and Toner are designed to cleanse and prep the skin.
– Clear Skin Bleaching & Corrector Cream contains 4% hydroquinone to correct discoloration and even out your skin tone.
– Exfoderm® or Exfoderm Forte feature a lightweight formula that reveals new skin, creating a brighter, fresher complexion.
– Blender® Skin Lightener and Blending Cream is a unique formula that promotes the gradual lightening of hyperpigmentation with 4% hydroquinone.
– Obagi Hydrate® Facial Moisturizer delivers long-lasting hydration to soothe dry skin
– Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 provides UV defense—an essential when you’re using lightening products, which make the skin more prone to sun damage.
To help prevent and delay early signs of skin aging
If you’re between 20 and 30 and want to give your skin the best possible chances for staying youthful-looking, the Obagi360® system is made for you. This simple 3-step system is low-maintenance, but it still offers a powerful combination of effective age-intervention ingredients that target early signs of skin aging, such as a dull complexion, uneven texture, and the appearance of those first fine lines and wrinkles. The products in this system include:
– Exfoliating Cleanser, which helps to clear away old, dull skin cells that can lead to clogged pores, to reveal soft, glowing skin.
– Retinol 0.5, a cream formulated with shea butter, chamomile, and green tea extract. It gradually releases retinol to smooth the appearance of rough or uneven skin, with minimal irritation.
– HydraFactor® Broad Spectrum SPF 30, a soothing moisturizer and sun protector in one that both soothes and protects the skin from UVA/UVB rays.
To treat acne-prone skin
Perfect for skin that’s prone to acne, the CLENZIderm M.D.™ system treats breakouts and helps prevent new ones from occurring. In this system, you’ll get:
– Daily Care Foaming Cleanser— a light cleanser containing 2% salicylic acid to clear up the acne, and menthol to calm and soothe irritated skin.
– Pore Therapy, which helps unclog pores and leaves skin feeling refreshed.
– Therapeutic Lotion, with 5% benzoyl peroxide to clear acne.
Don’t see a system for you here? Keep looking. Obagi offers complete systems for practically every skin care concern, to solve your problems from a variety of angles. Our systems are like supportive families—always there to help in every possible way.